117 S Main St, Bolivar, TN 38008
MLS #: 10052988
Historic Office Building in Downtown Bolivar
10,100 Sq. Ft.
Listing Price: $475,000
Historic Office Building for Sale in Bolivar, TN!
This building was originally built in 1885 as Nuckolls Livery Stable by Noah Nuckolls. After the advent of the automobile, the natural progression was for the building to become a garage. It is believed that it was owned by Joseph McAnulty and then owned by Whit and Richard Nelms. When the new Nelms Chevrolet Building was completed on the site of the old Episcopal Rectory, the ownership came to the Hardeman County Co-Op.
Barrett and Stevens purchased the building and converted it into a furniture store. In the course of remodeling the building for this purpose many used architectural elements from old historic buildings in Bolivar which were being destroyed in the name of progress. The front entrance doors came from the old jail which was designed by Fletcher Sloan. Mr. Sloan was an architect that designed the McNeal Place, James Episcopal Church, and most notably the Hardeman County Courthouse, built in 1868. This jail replaced the second jail that was destroyed by the Great Fire of 1878. The front and rear doors from the Great Hall of “Ivy Lodge” (built in 1840 by Daniel Stephens) were used inside as well as the main staircase from this building. Also used in this building were the front and back doors from the main hall of the Bolivar Hotel which was erected in 1878. Numerous other doors were used from this hotel which once boasted being the tallest building between Memphis and Nashville. It was three stories high as opposed to the usual one story boarding houses. A door from the old True Mansion was used. The True Mansion and the Bolivar Hotel were both places where Thomas A. Edison lived while he was in Bolivar. As a young man, he worked in Bolivar and Grand Junction, Tennessee as a telegraph operator. One of the doors in this building belonged to Thomas Edison’s office. The building was most recently purchased in December, 2015 by Midsouth PICCs, LLC in Bolivar, TN.
This Historic Building has approximately 5,050 square feet completely renovated, and an additional 5,050 square feet of unfinished second story for a total of 10,100 square feet of usable space! The 1stfloor of the building was completely renovated in 2015 with all new plumbing, indoor and outdoor sound system throughout, all offices downstairs have cat-5 wiring, phone/fax, new windows, flooring, 10 ton central air condition with gas furnace on main level, and all new appliances, hot water heater, and light fixtures. The floors in the building are absolutely beautiful! The building also has living quarters with living room, full bath, kitchen, laundry room and bedroom. A new paved exterior drive has been installed along the south side of the building with rear parking. Another unique feature of this Historic building is the working freight elevator from the late 1800’s, motorized in the 70’s. You’ll enjoy showing the building off as much as you will enjoy the beautiful office space and living quarters! This is a must see building! Priced at $475,000! For private showing, call Bobby Sain, Broker / Bolivar Insurance & Real Estate Inc. 731-658-3011